Sunday, July 17, 2011

PHOTOS FROM THE NEW HOUSE


It's your basic cookie cutter house - but it will work for us. There are five bedrooms, three bathrooms. The kitchen is the best part - nice and bright and light - my biggest complaint about my kitchen is how dark it is and i've been craving bright light and airy.

It was Seth and Annika's sixth anniversary yesterday, something I didn't realize until we were standing in the kitchen.

In the backyard - there will either be sod laid or seed planted and we are all thinking forget the seed, if we have to, we will pay for the sod ourselves. It's the perfect size yard. I can't wait to have hardly ANY yardwork after living on this acre of ours. I have gathered about 40 pots from the house and will move them over and slowly have a garden with pots. I was hoping to have a cactus garden but until Jake is a little older that might have to wait. I really love the many varieties of cactus.

It's certainly going to be different living with small kids again. Maybe I'll use this blog to chronicle all the funny (and not so funny) things that happen when you are older but live with young loud kids. Oh yes, they can be loud especially in a big empty house with echoes..ha.

It's so funny how this all worked out. That saying about man's best laid plans, etc. For the whole time the house has been on the market, we planned to either find a mobile home to buy or rent a small house, three bedrooms.


There were other plans being made on levels we had no idea. The synchronicity of Seth and Annika planning a move that was to happen in the same time frame as us, was interesting and so for a year, for us both to share in a rent and have small payments sounds pretty good. It will allow us to travel and know someone is taking care of the house while we are gone.

I can't wait to move and then hit the road. It's been a couple years since we have even taken three days away.

And how come I am such a lucky gramma to have not only two cute grandkids - but EIGHT!! ....I must include Hannah (my great niece who is more like a grandkid). So make it nine!












Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brenda said...

AWESOME...Awesome...awesome! I am so happy for you! This sounds like a wonderful adventure for all of you.

cat's momma said...

I am SO happy for all of you! It looks like such a nice house with a perfect, small back yard and a very large kitchen with many, many cabinets and lots of light! I want to see pictures of the bedrooms and bathrooms, too, and from the front of the house!! More pictures!!

sandy said...

Brenda - hi and glad you stopped by. I'll be putting up photos probably at this blog - of the house, etc... I think this is going to work - I get the big master bedroom ...yeah! I'll share photos later. Huge closet, could be another bedroom it is so big. big bathroom.

Laura -We were moving seth and annika all day and I moved a few boxes to begin setting up my bedroom.

tomorrow we will be over there again - I think we will meet "their" deadline just fine - ..

as for us - lots of detail cleaning to do here as we clear out each room. but we now are down to just over a week, should be plenty of time.

i can't state how much i love that plain little backyard. I sat out there today watching the kids. they can actually go out the back door and we can see them play from the kitchen and they are "safe", no pool or uneven ground...etc.

cat's momma said...

I assumed you were helping them get moved today. I'm happy you like the small yard. I personally always worried about having little ones around that pool, that something awful could happen. I know you're going to be very busy, but give me a call when you have a little window of time.